KATHY MUSCARI, CLINICAL DIRECTOR
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), BCC, DCC,
- Approved Licensed Professional Supervisor (ALPS)
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC); Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC)
- Advanced Training – MBSR – Center for Mind-Body Medicine, University of MN
- PhD Human Services (Capella, MN); CAGS Psychiatric Rehabilitation (BU, MA),
- WRAP Mentor & Advanced Facilitator – Copeland Center for Wellness and Recovery
- 3-Year Post Graduate Certificate – Working with Groups – Gestalt Institute of Cleveland
- MA Counseling (MU, WV); MA Art Education (CMU, MI); BS Education (CU, WV)
Despite our best efforts, life throws us curves. Sometimes we are prepared. Often, we are caught off-guard. During these times, emotions can overwhelm us, decisions become difficult, and relationships get strained. It makes sense we feel lost, sad, trapped, upset, or worried. I have been there.
The great news is that we are much more resilient than we realize!
I believe each person has unique strengths, diverse learning experiences, and a distinct path toward finding his or her balance (i.e., mind, body, spirit). When facing tough challenges (e.g., stress, trauma, illness, addiction, work difficulties, unhealthy relationships, other life issues), it is reassuring to know non-judgmental support, hope, and healing are within our reach.
Counseling can be both life-changing and enjoyable. You have the opportunity to learn how to heighten your awareness; manage difficult thoughts and feelings; improve communication; increase self-care, and explore new behaviors. Use sessions to re-discover you: your skills, supports, needs, dreams. I did.
As a seasoned counselor, my professional toolbox includes several options, like:
- Gestalt Therapy for living in the present moment, making contact, and creating change.
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation for strengthening skills and supports for more satisfaction and success.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction focuses on mind-body interactions and one’s own healing and health. M-B skills groups use writing, breathing, drawing, biodots, imagery, mediation skills, etc.
- Wellness Recovery Action Planning to highlight wellness tools, action plans, and self-management.
- Motivational Interviewing for engaging in conversations and scenarios about healthy choices.
- Trauma-Informed Care strategies which realize trauma impact; the need for safety, respect, support.
Working with individuals, couples, and groups, I truly appreciate the impact these proven interventions offer. Tap into your inner wisdom. By practicing mindfulness, you can even learn to do less and be more! I love that.
If you are facing one or more of life’s curves and are ready to take a positive step, I would love the opportunity to work with you! Simply give KPCC a call to schedule an appointment. Request me, or any other of our highly qualified therapists.
I hope to see you soon! (Zentangle®, anyone?)